Every diamond is unique, precious & rare. Understanding the value of a diamond is all about the understanding of the 4 C’s of diamonds (color, cut, carat, clarity). These impact the diamond quality and hence the price. Get a hands on experience with over 1000 diamonds and learn to speak the language of diamonds.
Diamond Grading Programme Level 1
Duration : 2.5 months
What you will learn:
- Diamond Anatomy.
- Diamond Growth & Properties.
- Brief Introduction about Rough Diamond -Mining to Markets.
- Learn to examine a diamond by using tweezer and 10x Eye Loupe and also handheld technique.
- A comprehensive understanding to the 4C’s- Carat, Clarity, Colour & Cut in a
- Polish diamond.
- Carat- Use of weighing scale, estimation of weight, sizing, counting, sieving, gauging.
- Clarity- Introduction to Inclusions & Blemishes. Introduction to plotting techniques in respect to different clarity grades using lab & local market terminology.
- Colour- Understanding different colour grades as per international standard. Learning to use shade card and tripod to colour grade precisely.
- Cut- Introduction to Cut with respect to proportions, symmetry & polish and its importance in understanding the value of a polish diamond. Learning visual estimation of proportion like table, girdle, crown, pavilion etc.
- Understanding Diamond Certification. Learning to create certificates using Microscope & Eye Loupe.
- Introduction to basic assortment using the 4c’s.
- Introduction to Real v/s Fake- Synthetic, Simulant & Treatments.
- Internal Assessments, Theory & Practical Final Examination.
Sign-Up for a Demo Class
Gem Identification Programme – Level 1
Gem Identification Programme – Level 2
Gem Basics Navaratna